Whether hung on the Christmas tree or topping a package, these little winter hat ornaments are an easy and inexpensive craft to make, plus: you’ll only need about 3 supplies to make this cute DIY.
What you’ll need:
- Assorted pretty and festive colored yarn
- Cardboard tubes from toilet paper or paper towels
- Cut you cardboard roll into pieces of about 1cm width (=0,4 inches)
2. Cut your yarn into pieces of about 20 cm (= about 8 inches) and wrap it around the cardboard ring using a lark’s head knot.
3. Repeat this step until the whole cardboard ring is covered in yarn.
4. Push the ends back through the ring to create the hat shape. Then tie the strings together, using another piece of yarn.
5. Finish by trimming the ends to create the small pompon shape. Leave one piece of yarn long to be able to hang the ornament onto the Christmas tree.
6. Done. Easy right? 😉
It’s pretty fun to get creative with different colors and fibers. I used three different types of yarn and experimented with different textures. These little hats are quite addicting to make! I love to make them while watching TV because it doesn’t really require any skills to wrap yarn around a toilet paper roll 😉 Yet, they always turn out to look pretty awesome.
If you liked this post, stay tuned for more! We will be posting new, wintery DIY projects every day until Christmas. So feel free to join our countdown to Christmas and let yourself get into that festive mood 😉