These mini pallet coasters are quite easy to make and can be a perfect last minute DIY Christmas gift. I’ve already made a bunch of them for various family members and friends and I keep getting requests to make some more.
What you will need:
- Some ice cream sticks (Like these from Amazon)
- Square wood sticks (You should be able to get those in any building supplies store)
- A coping saw
- wood glue or hot glue
- A pencil
- A ruler
- Washi tape in various colors
- Cut your square wood sticks into pieces of 10 cm (= about 4 inches)
- Cut off the rounded ends of your ice cream sticks until they have the same length as your square wood pieces.
- Use the sandpaper to soften harsh edges from cutting the wood.
- Using the wood glue, coat the ice cream sticks in washi tape (Although the tape should stick onto the wood by itself, additionally adding some wood glue prevents it from falling off later on)
- Use 3 pieces of square wood sticks as the base of your pallet. Lay them out in front of you.
- Now lay 7 of the ice cream sticks across on top. Spread them evenly.
- Once you’ve laid everything out the way out want to have it, stick the ice cream sticks on to the square wood pieces by using the wood glue.
- Let everything dry for about 12 hours (Or stick to the instructions of your glue)
- Done 😉
I think these tiny pallets look ridiculously cute. Although I’ve seen them floating around in stores here and there, I still prefer making them myself rather than buying them. By decorating them with the colored washi tape every set I make looks different than the other and I absolutely love that 😉
If you liked this post, stay tuned for more! We will be posting new, wintery DIY projects every day until Christmas. So feel free to join our countdown to Christmas and let yourself get into that festive mood 😉