Trying to find good Christmas gifts for people you like can quite often be a bit of a challenge. Furthermore if you are a student, spending tons of money might not be an option. Besides, who want’s to spend their time in crazily overcrowded malls, looking for stuff that nobody needs, anyway?
Handmade gifts can be a special way of showing someone how much you cherish them. These wine cork coasters are easy to make and can be an awesome gift too!
What you will need:
- wine corks (32 for 4 coasters. Get them from Amazon.com or Amazon.de)
- plywood (For example this one from Amazon.com or get it here if you are from Germany or Austria)
- A coping saw
- wood glue or hot glue
- A pencil
- A Ruler
- Use the pencil to draw the shape your coasters are going to have, on the plywood. The measurements depend on the size of your wine corks. Lay out the wine corks the way you want to glue them on the plywood, to get a better idea of the size that your plywood square should have.
- Using the coping saw, cut out the squares you drew on the plywood sheet
- Use the sandpaper to get rid of harsh edges the wood might have gotten from cutting it.
- Glue the wine corks onto the plywood squares by using either wood glue or hot glue. Wood glue tends to work a little better, so I recommend using it if you can.
- Let everything dry for about 24 hours. (Or stick to the instructions of the glue you are using)
- That’s it. Easy right?
If you liked this post, stay tuned for more! We will be posting new, wintery DIY projects every day until Christmas. So feel free to join our countdown to Christmas and let yourself get into that festive mood 😉